• How do I request an appointment for counseling services?

    Unified Services Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinic – 1600 7th Ave. Troy  – A parent or guardian will need to contact our office at 518-270-2800 to set up an initial appointment for a child. Upon the initial phone call you will need the following information: the child’s name, date of birth, parent/guardian name, and a contact phone number. This information will be passed along to the intake and referral therapist who is a Licensed Certified Social Worker. The therapist will  contact the parent/guardian and conduct a brief assessment over the phone to find out what services would best serve the child’s needs. A decision regarding whether or not the clinic would best meet the needs of the child or if a referral to another provider will be rendered. An appointment will be made for a face to face Comprehensive Assessment with one of our Licensed Social Workers or Mental Health Counselors.

    Rensselaer City Clinic & Hoosick Falls Clinic – Upon your initial telephone call, the receptionist will take the same information as above and pass it on to the Site Supervisor to review and return your telephone call. After conducting a brief assessment over the phone to find out what services would best serve the child or adult’s needs, a decision will be made as to whether we would best provide services for the case or if a referral would be made. If clinic services are indicated an intake appointment will be scheduled.

  • “What rights do I have as a patient?”

  • What insurances do you accept?

    Health Insurance we accept at Rensselaer County of Mental Health:






    MVP- Value Options

    NYSHIP – Value Options

    Local Blue Shield of NENY

    United Health Plan

    Champus/Tricare – with certain clinicians