What is Fentanyl?
- It is a synthetically made opioid originally meant for use in a medical setting for pain relief
- It is considered to be 50 to 100 times stronger than Morphine
- 2 mg is the amount that can cause a fatal overdose; this equivalent to a few grains of salt
Why Should I Be Concerned about Fentanyl?
- Fentanyl is being laced in drugs purchased on the street
- Some look for fentanyl in their drug of choice, while others are unaware of it being present
- Most common drugs that fentanyl is being seen in are Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and MDMA
- It is being formed into pills that look like Xanax or other prescription pills
- It is being marketed more towards youth (i.e., Rainbow Fentanyl) by making it look like candy