This is a rapidly changing situation; please check the Rensselaer County webpage and Facebook page for updates regularly.
- For any other questions not covered in the FAQs on this page, call the NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH) COVID-19 hotline at: 888-364-3065
- Rensselaer County Test Result Information: 518-270-2659 (Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm)
- On weekends, please leave a voicemail with your name and number and your call will be returned on Monday
- Rensselaer County Department of Health Urgent After Hours Line: 518-857-4660
- For Health Department issues that cannot wait for the next business day
- Rensselaer County Department of Social Services: 518-266-7800 or 518-266-7850
- Rensselaer County Department for the Aging: 518-270-2730 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday; 518-270-2767 after hours
- Rensselaer County Mental Health Department 24 Hour Hotline: 518-270-2800
- Rensselaer County COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Email
- Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Can I get tested for COVID-19?
- Can COVID-19 be prevented?
- Who is at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19?
- Can COVID-19 be treated?
- Can someone who has had COVID-19 spread the illness to others?
- What is the difference between quarantine and isolation?
- What is antibody/serology testing, and can I be tested using this method?
- Can recovered COVID-19 patients donate plasma?
- What is the NY State guidance for cloth face coverings?
- What is the NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidance for face coverings in the workplace?
- What cleaning products should I use to protect against COVID-19?
- Should I use soap and water or a hand sanitizer to protect against COVID-19?
- What temperature kills the virus that causes COVID-19?
- Can the virus that causes COVID-19 be spread through food, including restaurant take out, refrigerated or frozen packaged food?
- Rensselaer County on Facebook
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): COVID-19 Information
- NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH): COVID-19 Information
- NYSDOH Travel Advisory Information (Includes Current Restricted States)
- NYSDOH: Find a COVID-19 Test Site Near You
- CDC Guidance for When It Is Ok to Release Someone From Isolation
- CDC: Coronavirus Self-Checker
- CDC: Similarities and Differences Between the Flu and COVID-19
- CDC Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools and Homes (PDF)
- Environmental Protection Agency: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- American Red Cross: Plasma Donations from Recovered COVID-19 Patients