Disability compensation is a benefit paid to a veteran because of injuries or diseases that happened while on active duty, or were made worse by active military service.  It is also paid to certain veterans disabled from Veterans Affairs health care. The benefits are tax-free.


You may be eligible for disability compensation if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions.


You can apply by filling out VA Form 21-526EZ, Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits.  If you have any of the following material, please attach it to your application:

  • Discharge or separation papers (DD214 or equivalent)
  • Dependency records (marriage and children’s birth certificates)
  • Medical evidence (doctor and hospital reports)

Contact Us

Please call our office at 518-270-2760 for more information and necessary forms/documentation.