The Veterans Service Agency provides services to veterans of Rensselaer County and their families. We provide information on available benefits, eligibility standards, and we assist in the completion of necessary paperwork.
The office provides:
- Annual Veterans Affairs (VA) questionnaires
- Counseling to veterans and their families for entitlement to pensions
- Educational benefit
- Grave markers
- Other benefits provided by Federal and State governments
The Agency also provides for the placement of grave markers provided for by the United States Government, and transportation to and from the Veterans’ Administration Medical Center in Albany and the Troy Veteran’s Administration Community Based Outreach Clinic via the Veteran’s medical vans.
- To assist the veterans of Rensselaer County with all their needs and questions on any military-related benefits to which they are entitled
- To maintain a positive relationship with the veteran community so that they know and feel that we are here to help them with everything that we possibly can, or assist them in the right direction
- To make sure that all veterans receive the medical attention that they are entitled to and to have transportation to those medical appointments - Many veterans are in need of transportation and the demand for our assistance in this matter is overwhelming at times
Return the FAVOR Veteran Discount Program
- Eligibility for the Rensselaer County Veterans’ Discount Program is for veterans or widows/widowers of veterans.
- Eligibility for the Veterans ID Card is dependent on being an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Military.
- The Veteran or widow/widower must apply for the card in person.
- Receipt of the Veterans FAVOR card is dependent on the Veteran or widow/widower’s filing of an original Discharge (DD-214) at the Rensselaer County Clerk’s Office.
Where to Apply
Rensselaer County Clerk’s Office
105 Third Street
Troy, NY 12180
Important Phone Numbers
Browse important telephone numbers that we have provided as a guide to assist you in preparing for your visit at our Veterans Service Office. We want to assist you in every way that we can in getting the benefits to which you are entitled. We hope that you can familiarize yourself with some of the requirements and information we will be asking of you when you come in for a scheduled visit with our Veterans Service Office.
Please feel free to browse through any of the links we have provided before coming into our office. We are here to help you in every way that we can.