- Departments E-P
- Employment & Training Assistance
- Youth Services / Programs
Youth Services / Programs
The Department of Employment and Training offers many free services to youths 14 to 24 years of age to help you find and learn about employment and career opportunities, finish your education, or develop a career plan for future work success.
Services Available to Youth (Ages 14 to 24)
- In School and Out of School Development Programs
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Youth Certificate of Employability
- Youth Service Navigator
Youth Service Navigator
The Rensselaer County Youth Service Navigator assists youth between the ages of 14 and 24 find the services and programs they need.
Youth Navigator Services includes:
- Academic Assessment
- Assistance with Job Applications
- Career Assessment and Advisement
- Decision-Making Strategies
- Educational Options
- Interviewing Strategies
- Job Readiness Training
- Job Search
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Volunteer Opportunities
For further information contact Andre Leppanen at 518-270-2883.
In School & Out of School Development Programs
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Year Round Youth Programming serves youth between the ages of 14 and 24 who possess a potential barrier to employment and meet specific income guidelines.
These employment and educational programming typically run September through August pending funding. The goals of these programs are to increase the basic skills of local youth, provide structured employment opportunities, job retention and increase earnings.
The program includes internships, summer, part-time and other employment. It prepares in and out-of-school youth for a successful post-secondary experience.
- Must be between the ages of 14 to 24
- Must meet income eligibility (Proof of income required)
- Copy of Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, and Work Permit
- Verification of Selective Service
- Identification of at least one potential barrier to employment
For more information, contact 518-270-2860.