- Departments E-P
- Employment & Training Assistance
- Business Services
The Capital Region Workforce Investment Board oversees, employment and training resources and funds designed to serve businesses and job seekers throughout Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady Counties.
Our goal is to make The Capital Region a premier place for employment opportunities and a rich source of talent for businesses. We can serve as an extension of your human resource department, providing a wide range of services, all free of charge. We make it easy to help your business develop a sharper workforce.
Recruit Qualified Employees
If you need to expand your workforce we can help you:
- Find qualified workers
- Use the One-Stop to conduct interviews
- Post job openings with us at no charge
- Prescreen applicants for the qualifications that meet your needs
Train Your Workforce
Help your business stay on the leading edge and provide your employees with the skills they need to compete in today's marketplace.
We can help you:
- Access programs to upgrade employee skills
- Get funds to pay for training
- Get information on tax credits
- Connect to local economic development resources to grow your business
Provelt - A New Assessment Service
Are you sure the candidates you plan to hire have the skills they need to be an asset to your company? Now you can be sure with ProveIt!
The Rensselaer County One-Stop offers a full range of quality assessments through the ProveIt system. There are hundreds of tests for clerical, software, industrial, healthcare, financial and technical job classifications.
- Tests are internet based and easy to use and administer, saving valuable time.
- Economical pricing plans meet every company's budget and help you save money.
- Improve your screening process by leveraging cutting-edge technology to achieve superior results and gain the competitive advantage.
For further information on any of these Business Service Programs, contact the Rensselaer One-Stop and ask for the Business Services Representative.