Kathy G. Alonge-Coons LCSWR – Commissioner Kathleen M. Jimino – County Executive
For over forty years, Rensselaer County Department of Mental Health has maintained responsibility and a commitment to the mental hygiene needs of our residents by monitoring and continuously improving the system of behavioral healthcare services delivered in the county. As a Unified Services county, we work collaboratively with a consortium of agencies that serve individuals enrolled in programs funded by the NYS Offices of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities and the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse. Committed to excellence, we provide comprehensive mental hygiene services that promote individual growth, interpersonal functioning, rehabilitation and recovery.
This website is designed to promote public understanding of behavioral healthcare and to provide information and resources related to our Department. We also offer links to our partnering agencies in delivering quality behavioral healthcare services. We sincerely hope that you find it valuable.
Unified Services, Rensselaer County Mental Health Department provides the following programs:
- Unified Services for Children & Adolescents Outpatient Clinic
- Forensic Services
- Rensselaer City Center Outpatient Treatment
- Court Consultation
- Hoosick Falls Satellite Outpatient Treatment
- Health Home Care Coordination services for Adults
- Services to residents of Private Proprietary Homes for Adults (PPHA)
- Care Coordination for Children and Youth with Severe Emotional Disturbance
- MICA (Mental Illness and Chemical Addiction) Outreach and Assessment Services
- Medicaid service Coordination
- Substance Abuse Prevention Services
- Single Point of Access - SPOA (adult housing and children and youth care coordination)
All of our programs have a 24-hour on-call capacity with professional staff assisting clients with urgent situations.
Choose a link to the left for the location and description of the above mentioned services. Our calendar of events is also updated frequently, so check in often to view the community events in your area!
|| 9am – 5pm
|| Unified Services: (518) 270-2800, Hoosick Falls Center: (518) 686-0694, Rensselaer Center: (518) 463-8869
||Rensselaer County Office Building - 3rd Floor