Peer Engagement Specialist Provide support, encouragement and guidance in finding appropriate services to persons misusing substances and/or who are in recovery. The Peer Engagement Specialist develops brief service plans and provides referrals and linkages to needed services/supports. Peer Engagement Specialists are in Recovery, they have personal experience and expertise in addiction services. They tend to be especially effective with outreach and engagement of people who are struggling with recovery and/or have been reluctant to participate in services.
Peer Engagement Specialist will assist in:
- identifying goals/developing Recovery Plans
- connecting participants with resources/support services
- helping participants self-monitor their progress
- modeling effective coping skills
- attending court and other system meetings as a support
- educating participants on multiple pathways to recovery
- supporting another peer in advocating for themselves to obtain effective services.
Jesse Chapman, CPRA-P
OTHER RECOVERY RESOURCES