For all life-threatening emergencies call 9-1-1
National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Katherine G. Alonge-Coons LCSWR – Commissioner
Kathleen M. Jimino – County Executive
For over forty years, Rensselaer County Department of Mental Health has maintained responsibility and a commitment to the mental hygiene needs of our residents by monitoring and continuously improving the system of behavioral healthcare services delivered in the county. We work collaboratively with a consortium of agencies that serve individuals enrolled in programs funded by the NYS Offices of Mental Health, Office of Persons With Developmental Disabilities and the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse. Committed to excellence, we provide comprehensive mental hygiene services that promote resiliency and recovery.
This website is designed to promote public understanding of behavioral healthcare and to provide information and resources related to our Department. We also offer links to our partnering agencies in delivering quality behavioral healthcare services. We sincerely hope that you find it valuable.
Unified Services, Rensselaer County Mental Health Department provides the following programs:
- Unified Services for Children & Adolescents Outpatient Clinic
- Forensic Services
- Rensselaer City Center Outpatient Treatment
- Non-Medicaid Care Coordination
- Hoosick Falls Satellite Outpatient Treatment
- Health Home Care Coordination Services for Adults
- Services to residents of Private Proprietary Homes for Adults (PPHA)
- Children’s Health Home Care Coordination
- MICA (Mental Illness and Chemical Addiction) Outreach and Assessment Services
- Medicaid Service Coordination
- Substance Abuse Prevention Services
- Single Point of Access – SPOA (adult housing and children and youth care coordination)
All of our programs have a 24-hour on-call capacity with professional staff assisting clients with urgent situations accessed by calling 270-2800.
|Phone:||Unified Services: (518) 270-2800
Hoosick Falls Center: (518) 686-0694
Rensselaer Center: (518) 463-8869